Wednesday, December 12, 2007

(Real) Mens League

Well I am off to basketball again tonight. I recently got together with a few friends and strangers and put together a team, our team name is Montgomery, to compete in the Homewood Basketball League.  I say compete but in our first game we basically got our ass handed to us.  The sad part was it was against four guys.  Your probably asking yourself how do four beat five.  (Seven if you count two subs)  I've done the math.  5 > 4, 5/4= 1.25.  Of course fours can also be better than five.  The Beatles (George, Ringo, Paul and John) compass directions (N,S,E,W), wheels on a car and even beers* are all examples of where four elements have brought joy to others.  I'm getting off track though.  We lost 69-42 in our first outing.  Pretty bad I know.  The first half we scored just 10 points.  They scored 43.  Enough said.
  This will be our redemption game hopefully.  We are playing a team called G-Unit.  Let's just hope they keep their units to themselves.  Apparently units A through F were all playing somewhere else tonight.  I saw this team play last week.  It could be worse for us this week.  These guys play for keeps

*Applies only to Andy Head


Later on I'll be back with another update of how things went.
Update-  
Sorry it's a little late.  I will be short and sweet.  Halftime scre 23-19.  We're down by four.  Final somewhere around the range of 30 points.  We were not the team with the 30 point win.  They had their version of the twin towers on this team.  Really big and fat towers.  Our tallest player is 6' 3" maybe.  So better luck to us next week.

No comments: