Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wake Up

What is it about being in one's own bed that makes us feel that everything is fine and tends to get us relax more. Besides the obvious fact that it's sole purpose is for just that. When we are in our beds at night by strange noises we tend to just want to do nothing. Our first thought is usually to pinpoint the sound and then once this is accomplished we usually fall asleep immediately. Well I know no one wants to hear me ramble on about this crap so I will get to my story.
So the other night a friend of mine had come into town. We had a good time and I decided I had to call it a night. So apparently after we all go t back and everyone had gone to bed is when my sense of direction and awareness shut off temporarily. Later that night I was on my way to bed and as I'm crawling into the covers I hear a voice say " John what are you doing?" This stunned me and caused my brain to kick in. It turns out that this wasn't my bed but the bed of my roommate and his slumbering girlfriend. It had wandered in there after a pit stop at the bathroom and apparently closed my eyes and quietly walked. My roommate had heard the toilet flush but didn't see or hear me come in until I was over the bed about to crash land on his girlfriend.

*I later found out she took a knee to the stomach/chest area and withstood it. Major toughness points for that one. *

He didn't here me come in at all. After becoming aware of this situation I mumbled something about being in the wrong room and walked out. Besides the obviously funny moment that happened another point was later brought up by me and my roommate. That is what if I had been a killer or robber. The way my roommate reacted in realizing someone was in his room was very relaxed and almost indifferent. Remember it's not like he laid quietly and laughed at me walk into his room. he never heard me come in. Even as his eyes were adjusting to me across the bed from him he didn't even seem to care that much and just wondered what I was doing there. We both thought this would have been weird if I had actually broken into the house to kill him or his girlfriend. I learned something very valuable from this night. The fear of being murdered in your sleep will always lose power of a nice soft bed and a good sleep.

1 comment:

al said...

the bruises are almost gone.